Dry Skin Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Common Skin Conditions and other Skin Care topics.
What do I do for dry skin?
If you suffer from dry skin, here are a few immediate techniques you can use to help moisturize your skin:
- Switch to your cream based skin rejuvenation products if you have dry skin.
- As estrogens decrease with the onset of menopause, a decrease in sebum results, leading to drier skin.
- Protect dry chapped lips with emollients such as Vaseline or Aquaphor.
- Apply a body moisturizing cream twice daily during the fall and winter to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Using a 1% OTC hydrocortisone ointment on your lips when they start to crack during the winter will speed the healing process.
If your dry skin continues, visit a dermatologist for a more structured skin care regime.